- Incorporate as a non-profit under your provincial societies act
- Especially if you are going to be a facility and club owner. There are tax benefits related to the operation of a non-profit. Speak with an accountant fluent in non-profit activity for more guidelines.
- Create by-laws. This will be needed if you choose to incorporate, but is a good idea regardless. Decide what driving factors are more important to your organization (participation, on-floor success, development, etc) and then create by-laws and policy to match those factors. These give you solid ground to fall back on when decisions are made.
- Your provincial society act will be able to provide you with a good framework for developing by-laws. You can also contact the CFFF for assistance.
- Make connections with local businesses. Businesses are often ready to sponsor sport clubs within their municipality especially when they: have similar values, involve youth, promote health, and can get some visibility for their brand. Functional Fitness clubs can achieve all of these.